I came across this project idea some days ago and after thinking hard about what to do; I finally came up with 101 things to complete in 1001 days.
Start: October 17, 2012
Finish: July 15, 2015
CAREER / FINANCIAL GOALS
17. Donate to an important cause or charity.
18. Volunteer for 25 hours.
19. Donate blood 3 times.
20. Donate 1,001,000 rice grains through www.freerice.com.
21. Participate in two 5k events for worthy causes.
22. Redesign my personal blogspot.
23. Make a blog post everyday for a month (30 days).
CREATIVE/ RECREATIONAL GOALS
24. Do my first D.I.Y project.
25. Write in my journal at least 3 times a week for 3 months (0/36).
26. Take part in a 30 Day Picture Challenge.
27. Document one month of my life in photographs (0/30 days).
28. Purchase a camera, preferable a SLR/DSLR and learn how to use it properly.
29. Write a haiku each day for a week that sums up or reflects upon the day.
30. Make 11 things off Pinterest (0/11).
31. Watch 101 movies I’ve never seen before (0/101).
32. Re/Watch 11 Disney classics.
33. Watch all the Harry Potter movies in one go.
34. Have a Lord of the Rings movie marathon.
35. Go to the movie theatre (0/6 times).
36. See a silent film.
37. See ten so-called classic films (0/10).
38. Read 101 Books including new and unread books from my collection.
39. Read a book by Jane Austen.
40. See one of my favourite singers or bands in concert.
41. Discover 10 new music artists (0/10).
42. Listen to Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of all Time (original, 2004).
43. Make a music playlist of 101 of my favourite songs.
44. Go to 6 concerts (0/6).
45. Get an orchid and keep it alive for at least 3 months.
46. Make an Inspiration Scrapbook- filled with quotes, pictures etc.
47. Talk to my mom every day for a month.
48. Send my mom flowers out of the blue.
49. Treat my mom to a spa treatment.
50. Buy a gift and house gift for my dad.
51. Give 20 “just because” gifts/cards to family (parents not included) and friends.
52. Reconnect with at least one old friend.
53. Make a new friend.
55. Document the books I own that I’m yet to read.
56. Go to bed before 9pm every night for a week (0/7 days)
57. Get up when the alarm goes off every day for a week (0/7 days).
58. Sort through contacts via a database or address book.
59. De-junk my email inbox.
60. Get Visa and travel at least one time overseas.
61. Stay at a hotel/inn for at least one night.
62. Go zip-lining again (a longer course).
63. Explore more of my country (at least 0/6 spots).
64. Go to the beach (0/6 times).
65. Cook 101 new recipes (0/101).
66. Dine at ten restaurants.
67. Try 11 new foods/meals.
68. Eat fruit every day for a month (0/30).
69. Eat and cook homemade meals every night for one week.
70. Make eleven recipes off Pinterest.
71. Invest in a recipe book.
72. Make a weekly food plan and stick to it for 5 weeks (0/5).
73. For one month, make lunch for work every day (0/30 days).
HEALTH / SPIRITUAL GOALS
74. Create a realistic exercise schedule and stick to it for at least a month.
75. Start and finally complete, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
78. Track everything I eat/drink for one month. (0/30 days).
79. Drink eight glasses of water every day for at least one week (0/7 days).
80. Stay away from candy/chocolate for a week (0/7 days).
81. Go one month without soda (0/30 days).
82. Avoid fast food restaurants for a month (0/30 days).
83. No red meat or poultry for 14 days (0/14 days).
84. Implement a meatless day of the week and implement it for at least 12 weeks (0/12).
85. Read a bible scripture every day, at least for a month (0/30 days).
86. Have a 25th birthday celebration (get together at home, a restaurant, club or hotel).
87. Write a letter to myself to be opened after the 1001 days are over.
88. Write a letter to myself to be opened on my 30th birthday.
89. List 101 things that make me happy and that I’m grateful for.
90. Have a massage & facial.
91. Go thrift /antique shopping and document experience.
92. Buy 25 new articles of clothing (0/25).
93. Buy a new laptop.
94. Hide a note inside a book in a library or bookshop.
95. Have a technology-free weekend.
96. Make a book of pressed flowers and leaves.
97. Create a vision/dream board for things I envision for my life.
98. Plant something from seed and a tree planter for Earth Day.
99. Participate in Earth Hour.
100. Participate in Day of Silence.
101. Donate 101 dollars to charity for each uncompleted task after 1001 days.
Have you ever completed such a list, or in the process of completing one? If so, reply with a link to yours.
And if you haven’t, you should really consider.
P.S Follow list updates via my blogspot.
Worth a reblog
Aaliyah - Four Page Letter (by AaliyahMusicVideo)
My all time fave song from Aaliyah…
“I’m Sending Him A 4 Page Letter,
And I Enclosed It With A Kiss.
And When I Write Him He Better, Get It On Time.
Im Sending Him A 4 Page Letter,
And I Enclosed It With A Kiss.
And When I Write Him He Better, Get It On Time”
My 28 day challenge results - week 1: April 24th 2012 vs. week 7: June 8th 2012 (after photos by Jay Sullivan)
The secret? There is no secret. I got the body of my dreams the old fashioned way, eating clean and kicking serious butt in the gym. Insert the super cliche, “if I can do it, anyone can do it!” but…I actually mean it. Check out my final workout video, “28 day challenge FINALE: week 7” for more info on what I did to get in the best shape of my life and register for a FREE NYC 28 day challenge class with myself and my trainer Robert to kick off the summer!